Geplaatst op: 14 mrt 2019
- Categorie: Consultancy
- Provincie: Noord-Holland
Wij zijn op zoek naar een Platform Engineer Linux
Start datum : 1 mei , voor 36 uur in de week
Standplaats : Amsterdam
As a Platform engineer you will be working in a scrum Platform squad of 6-8 Platform engineers. In addition there will be a Product Owner who decides on the priority of the user stories. The squad is responsible for maintaining and securing the Infosphere Information Server, the PureData for Analytics (Netezza), Oracle, Citrix, Linux, WebSphere.
You will be responsible for:
- Keep the Platform running within Service Level Agreements
- Daily Operations related tasks (incoming requests and incidents)
- Keep the Platform safe and secure with regards of Compliance and Risk
- Improve processes within the Platform squad
- Bridge between Platform squad and Content squads
Keeping yourself up to date on the latest technologies is also a part of your job, that’s why we have a ‘mastery day’ every three weeks. This is one full day where you can work on your own skills. This can be a topic from one of our learning modules for understanding our standards and way-of-work or a self-chosen topic within your expertise.
Your work environment
Within our company our engineers work in multi-disciplinary teams based on the Agile methodology and DevOps principles. We adopted the ‘Spotify’ model, which means that you are part of a matrix organization. You work in your squad but are also part of a chapter, an expertise-focused group that shares knowledge and creates and governs standards. Your chapter will be ‘Data Processing’.
- Linux sysadmin
- Databases experience (For example Oracle, DB2, Netezza or Postgres)
- Able to communicate with different types of stakeholders
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to work on a regular base outside office hours (standby with a frequency of 1 week per 8 weeks, occasionally Patching and Disaster Recovery)